- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup natural cane sugar we like to use maple syrup for a “cleaner” recipe
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups milk almond milk. etc for dairy free
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs grass fed butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 bananas
- 1.5 cup blueberries (raspberries, blackberries, or a mixture)
- Mix together the oats, sugar or maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla.
- Butter (we used avocado oil) the bottom of an 8” pan and add sliced bananas and half of the blueberries.
- Add the oat mixture to the top of the fruit.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats and add remaining blueberries.
- Bake at 375 with the rack in the top third of the oven for 40-45 minutes. The top should be golden and the oatmeal should be set.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup on top.
- ENJOY! It’s darn delicious.